Our main Goals
- Develop regulations and standards for bio-based products;
- Boost the market-pull and promote market uptake for bio-based products;
- Perform policy analysis (scenario analysis) in order to support the European Commission in developing a common framework (level playing field and harmonized policy regulation).
How we will achieve these goals
- Through the adoption of life-cycle methodologies
- Through the analysis of selected case studies
- construction materials
- bio-based polymers
- fine chemicals.
- Develop a fit-for-purpose sustainability scheme;
- Identify gaps regarding sustainability indicators, requirements and criteria;
- Develop a sound and harmonised approach for environmental LCA, Social-LCA and techno-economic LCC assessment of bio-based products;
- Enhance the reliability of sustainability certifications and standards;
- Assess the effectiveness of the proposed sustainability scheme for selected case studies;
- Develop an approach to identify and mitigate the risk of negative ILUC effects;
- Encourage market pull for bio-based products through the assessment of consumers’ preferences and acceptance;
- Spread awareness about sustainable production of bio-based products among farmers associations, industries, EU bodies, entrepreneurs and stakeholders from the civil society.